Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 users can - Root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 running on Android 4.2.2, Here is the detailed guide on How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 running on Android 4.2.2, If you have already updated your Galaxy S4 I9505 to the new XXUBMF8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware, you can now Root XXUBMF8 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S4 I9500 to gain full system access on your Galaxy S4 I9505.
Root Official Android 4.2.2 XXUBMF8 Jelly Bean OTA Update on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
Root Galaxy S4 I9500 Official Android 4.2.2 XXUBMF8 Jelly Bean Firmware, for easy root access on your phone. when you install a new Android firmware update on your Samsung galaxy your phone previous root access is lost and you have to root all over again on the new firmware. Galaxy S4 I9500 Gets Official Android 4.2.2 XXUBMF8 Jelly Bean Firmware Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 users whom install the firmware can now root XXUBMF8 Android 4.2.2 firmware using CF-Auto-Root for gaining full system access and do whatever you want and tweak your phone the way you want. You can root Galaxy S4 I9500 on XXUBMF8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware using the detailed guide below.
Note that: Your Galaxy S4 I9505 should be updated to XXUBMF8 Android 4.2.2 Firmware in order to Root Galaxy S4 I9500 Gets Official Android 4.2.2 XXUBMF8 Jelly Bean Firmware. If you haven’t then follow the our guide first here => Update Galaxy S4 I9500 Gets Official Android 4.2.2 XXUBMF8 Jelly Bean Firmware, then you will be able to Root Galaxy S4 I9500 Official Android 4.2.2 XXUBMF8 Jelly Bean Firmware.
Read these Pre-Requisites first before Root Galaxy S4 I9500 to XXUBMF8 Android 4.2.2 J B Official Firmware:
- instructions in this guide are applicable to only Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 model . It will not work on any other device. by navigating to Settings > AboutPhone you will be able know what is your device model
- Back up important data and settings on the device to avoid data loss you never know when anything might go wrong
- Make sure that your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 phone is factory unlocked, We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier.
- Make sure to install the correct USB drivers from Download Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 USB drivers on computer or from here.
- This is very important to Enable USB Debugging mode on the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
- If Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is running on Android 4.0 or later: navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- If Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is running on Android 2.3 or earlier go to Settings >Applications> Development.
- If the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is running on Android 4.2, then do the following: Go to Settings > About Phone - Scroll down to the bottom and select Build Number - Tap the Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings. Then select the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- During firmware installation your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 may shutdown if it is not charged well so make sure that the phone has at least 85% battery charge.
- ODIN is designed to work in Windows OS only. Linux and Mac OS X users should use CrossOver Utility to run ODIN on their computer.
How to Root Official Android 4.2.2 XXUBMF8 Jelly Bean OTA Update on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
Step 1: Download CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 and Download Odin v3.07 on your computer and extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.
Step 2: Extract CF-Auto-Root files on your computer.
Step 3: Power off the phone and then boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then tap the Power button until the construction Android robot icon appears onscreen. Now hit the Power button again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
Step 4: Launch Odin.
Step 5: Connect your galaxy s4 device to computer via USB cable while it is still in Download Mode. When the device is connected successfully, one of the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the corresponding COM port number. If Odin fails to detect the device then re-install USB drivers for your phone or try connecting to different USB port at the back of computer.
Step 6: In Odin, click the PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9500.zip file.
Step 7: Verify that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option is not selected.
Step 8: Now click Start in Odin and your installation process will begin.
Step 9: Once the installation process completes, your device will reboot and soon a PASS message with green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. When the Home screen appears, disconnect your device usb cable to disconnect the phone from computer.
Root Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S4 I9500 XXUBMF8 Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is now rooted on Android 4.2.2 XXUBMF8 Jelly Bean official firmware. It is now possible to install any app that requires root permission. Confirm root access to the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Tags: root, galaxy s4 i9500 Android 4.2.2, android 4.2 jelly bean, android 4.2.2, root android 4.2.2 xxubmf8, galaxy s4 i9500, install android 4.2.2, samsung, samsung galaxy, samsung galaxy s4